20 Ways To Confuse Trick-Or-Treaters
- Give away something other than candy. (Toothpicks, golf balls, bags of sand, etc.)
- Wait behind the door until some people come. When they get near the door, jump out, wearing a costume, and holding a bag, and yell, “Trick or Treat!” Look at them, scratch your head, and act confused.
- Fill a briefcase with marbles and crackers. Write on it, “Top Secret” in big letters. When trick-or-treaters come, look around suspiciously, say, “It’s about time you got here,” give them the briefcase, and quickly shut the door.
- Get about 30 people to wait in your living room. When trick-or-treaters come to the door, say, “Come in.” When they do, have everyone yell, “Surprise!!!” Act like it’s a surprise party.
- Get everyone who comes to the door to come in and see if they can figure out what’s wrong with your dishwasher. Insist that it makes an unnatural “whirring” sound.
- After you give them candy, hand the trick-or-treaters a bill.
- Open the door dressed as a giant fish. Immediately collapse, and don’t move or say anything until the trick-or-treaters go away.
- When you answer the door, hold up one candybar, throw it out into the street, and yell, “Crawl for it!”
- When you answer the door, look at the trick-or-treaters, act shocked and scared, and start screaming your head off. Slam the door and runaround the house, screaming until they go away.
- Insist that the trick-or-treaters each do ten push-ups before you give them any candy.
- Hand out menus to the trick-or-treaters and let them order their candy. Keep asking if anyone wants to see the wine list.
- Get a catapult. Sit on your porch and catapult pumpkins at anyone who comes within 50 yards of your house.
- When people come to the door, jump out a nearby window, crashing through the glass, and run as far away from your house as you can.
- Answer the door dressed as a pilgrim. Stare at the trick-or-treaters for a moment, pretend to be confused, and start flipping through a calendar.
- Instead of candy, give away colored eggs. If anyone protests, explain that the eggs are the only thing you had left over from Easter.
- Answer the door dressed as a dentist. Angrily give the trick-or-treaters a two-hour lecture on tooth decay.
- Answer the door with a mouthful of M&M’s and several half-eaten candy bars in your hands. Act surprised, and close the door. Open it again in a few seconds, and insist that you don’t have any candy.
- Hand out cigarettes and bottles of aspirin.
- Put a crown on a pumpkin and put the pumpkin on a throne on your porch. Insist that all of the trick-or-treaters bow before the pumpkin.
- Dress up like a bunny rabbit. Yell and curse from the moment you open the door, and angrily throw the candy at the trick-or-treaters. Slam the door when you’re finished.
Read other jokes similar to this one in the following categories.